Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Resting Place.



Things have not gone as planned.
My ticket was for San Jose, California.
Not San Jose, Costa Rica. Oh well.
It was a fucking labyrinth to get to this point,
jumping through various hoops and passing various tests.
Oh my.

Thanks to some very kind strangers
helping me find a new ticket and
paying for my room, all is good.

A man named Vinton
has helped me out tremendously in getting
a cheap ticket to Costa Rica and is even going to
help me by phoning a friend when he gets off work
to ask about plane tickets within Costa Rica.

Upon arriving at the hotel, a man behind me in line that
overheard i didn't have much money on me payed for my
room, which was $50. His name is Doug.

Right now, I'm lounging around my overnight room in Atlanta, GA
in a free white XL tee shirt with a logo and the small words "Sky team"
printed on it. It came in a care package from the airline that also
included: shampoo, toothpaste, a brush, a razor, cotton balls, deodorant,
a toothbrush, and a +3 fire dagger.

I ate a hot dinner at a nearby waffle house, served to me by a southern
sweetheart waitress named Brandy.

So many nice people!

Bring it on, tomorrow.
Jesse

3 comments:

  1. Ah the joys of traveling! Sounds like things worked out in the end though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.... hahaha :) The terrible parts are always the best and funniest stories. Miss you and Love you! Tell Chuck I say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! Hahaha, I was just looking over your blog again, and just now really noted the '+3 fire dagger'!
    Boyfriend, you just gained a level.

    ReplyDelete