Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thoughts and Reality

Upon coming to Costa Rica and seeing that the mystic exoticism I expected to find either A.) doesn't exist at all or B.) exists in places I have not yet visited, I have been forced to rethink my life here and the expectations I hold. Being that I am an artist, as is everyone that exists, I have the power to physically manifest the reality I want in my mind into a tangible existent object or practice. Maybe this mystic experience and power I have come to search for has existed within me the entire time. I believe that any reality one wishes to live in is entirely possible; it simply must start from within and spiral outwards from oneself. We are the ones in charge of our surroundings and ourselves; we must merge the two in order to live in the reality we wish. This goes along with Tantric Principles of fusing the self with the cosmic to create inner and outer realization. 


Keeping this concept in mind, many images I have created while being here exist as a physical representation my self and surroundings interacting, existing in two realities in order to find for what I am searching.

The world around us may not be what we want it to in the present, but that doesn't mean we can not change it. The resources required are all around us, inside and out.


Warrior Pose XXI, 2011


The Lesbian Warrior Princess I Know You Could Be, 2011

Sketch for Hat, 2011

Magazine Drawing Study, 2011

Cut Paper Stencil, 2011

Random Weave, 2011

Self Portrait with Fruit, 2011

Drawing on Hand that Probably Makes Me Look Like A Devil Worshipper, 2011

The Internal Conflict of Growing a Beard, 2011

 Screenprint on Old Shirt, 2011

Map to A Furby's Inner-workings, 2011

Visions, 2011

Highlighter Study, 2011

Amy Winehouse Fan Art, 2011

Rebekah Brooks as Amy Winehouse, 2011

Cut Paper Study, 2011

Cut Paper Study, 2011



Cut Paper Study, 2011



Notebook Drawing from A Lonely Day, 2011

Front of my Notebook, 2011

Back of my Notebook, 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment